Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 appointments today back to back

Boy am I tired after the appointments today. We left the house to get to the first at 915. We arrived in the parking garage at 940. We had to walk and walk as normal I timed it today we did not arrive in the Rheumatology office until 1000! I knew it was a long walk.
So her doctor told us a few things today that are not good things. The first being that it is worse then she originally  thought. She has it in both ankles, both knees, both elbows, two toes and a wrist. They will do the joint injections next week in all of those areas.
The other not great news is that she will have to start 2 types of medication still the Methotrexlate and Embrel the Embrel is a once a week shot that I will have to give her. In 2 weeks I am going to have to come in a learn how to give Ali the shots. I am not happy about it.
I asked about her not growing and in fact loosing weight and the doctor said that when your body is giving it's self the inflammation that it is using its calories for that and not for growing and until we have it under control to expect her to not grow and probably loose weight. Also hearing the doctor say the words they is no cure for this just the hope of remission making her symptom free.
Right after that appointment I had to get across the street to the other side of the Children's campus for an appointment with the Orthopedic doctor. I asked the Rheumatology office workers to call over and say we were leaving there and on our way. I had to do the very long walk back to the car and move it across the street to the other lot.
I walked into that waiting room in the Orthopedic department and there where at least 50 people in there! We saw the doctor after awhile and he felt that the fracture with it not being displaced and not appearing to be new. She is also acting fine that we did not have to do a cast or anything to treat it. My brain always just wants a nap after do all of this.

4 comments:

  1. Heather, you are doing great! Take comfort in knowing God is in control and uses ALL THINGS for His glory! We are praying daily for you all! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Heather, We are praying for Ali and for you and Justin. Please be assured that God knows what is going on with all of this. He will never leave you, nor forsake you no matter what!
    Blessings and love, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bill
    Romans 8:31-39 http://net.bible.org/#!bible/Romans+8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I'm so sorry that Ali is not well. She looks like she is so fun to hang out with, her pics always make me smile. What a burden you must feel as her Mommy. I will be praying for wisdom and comfort for you and your family. God is bigger than any illness!

    Kaye Castle

    ReplyDelete