Friday, February 24, 2012

First Blood Work Back.

Ali's Rheumatologist called me this afternoon with the results of the blood work.
They found her Iron is normal and she was not lacking any other vitamins or minerals. There is also no infection in her blood. They did find that her blood shows a lot of inflammation. She also has what the doctor called ANA that means that the gene or protein I am not sure which it is that causes the eye problems that can cause blindness she does have.
So that means every three months she has to go get her eyes dilated and checked for any sign of troubles. The doctor all said that they would put Ali under general for her MRI and to get the shots in her joints. The doctor said when Ali is under for the MRI she will plan to be there and check Ali's joints to really get a good guide to her range of motion with out Ali fighting.
The thought of Ali being put under does make me worry there are risks involved.
Ali has not been enjoying the taste of the pain meds but I am hoping she will get used to the taste. I called the pharmacy and they said they do not have a ton of choices for that type of med.   

1 comment:

  1. http://arthritis.about.com/od/diagnostic/a/ana.htm

    web page on ANA

    I've had a high ANA in my past.

    ReplyDelete